Saturday 8 January 2011

The Big 21 and the even bigger "Happily ever after"

Ok so yet again I have found myself lacking on the posting front, and with SO many exciting experiences I have had recently, I'm disappointed in myself not to have shared them with you. Its no understatement to say the end of 2010 was packed FULL of hectic-ness for me. The big 21 and New York being the main two, and obviously what with Christmas happening around the same time, I just never seemed to find a moment to myself.

WELL, you guys are in for a treat as the next few posts are going to take you through all of the above! (However, for those of you who click the 'Close' button in the top left corner of your screens right now, I do not blame, nor judge you..) I mean, I do have a tendency to rant on a little, but for me, Christmas celebrations and birthday bashes are without a doubt worth ranting about, story time style!



"There once lived a girl who at the age of twenty loved anything pink, anything loud, and anything alcoholic!"

So it was no surprise when opening my birthday card from the brother and finding his own interpretation of a 'loving memorable' card to give to his little sister the day she becomes an 'adult.'

See below:


To be fair.. his creative skills have to be valued, and labelled 'accurate' if anything :)

"She was fortunate enough to receive a few surprises on her coming of age."

What other wonders did I receive you ask? Well not only was I graced with a lush family meal, night on the town with everybody whose anybody, and several rounds of PINK bubbly, I was lucky enough to get some things in the form of small boxes. And as we all know, all the best things come in small packages..

The Jack Wills Fyfield starprint leggings are a personal fave, along with the beautiful charm that accompanies my Hot Diamonds bracelet, courtesy of the housies. OH and lets not forget those invaluable dollars for the up and coming trip to NYC! (We'll come to that later).

All in all, a perfect 21st. Thanks for all the lovely birthday messages, and thanks to that particular someone who posted possibly THE most motivating message on my facebook wall. "Happy Birthday Tors! You're 21 now, actually time to sort your life out!"

And this is how I'd like my story to end..


"Happy Birthday Tors! You're 21 now, actually time to sort your life out!"


"And so.. she did.. and she lived happily ever after"


"THE END"


Whaaaaaaaaaat!? I never said it was going to be an epic novel or anything. Short, sweet and to the point. I only had a certain amount of time to blow out the candles after all.

1 comment:

  1. Haha your brother's card cracked me up!! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete