Sunday 13 February 2011

Cupids Crash

Ok so with tomorrow being.. well.. THE DAY, it's no surprise the build up has been bigger than ever. I, like many singletons, am VERY aware of just what THE DAY is.. and exactly what emotion it holds.

I'm talking anything from big red heart balloons and giant white teddy bears, to the stencil us at Costa will be using for cappuccino dusting.. it is of course none other than Valentines Day!!

By definition, this day represents a time for you and your one and only spend time doing things you love together, showing each other just how much you care. Gifts are exchanged, along with cards that are to be kept and treasured for years to come.. thank god I'm working all day!

Don't get me wrong, I'm no cynic - if Cupid had been kind enough to point his bow in my direction previous to such a day.. I wouldn't even be sharing this post with you. For all the happy couples out there, I hope you do all of the above, just watch out for the bitter Barista ready to 'spill' coffee down anyone who orders ONE dessert and requests TWO spoons.

Most years, I've been mature enough to get the wine and takeaway in with the girlfriends.. and then some more wine, until our passing out chant becomes "It is JUST February the 14th. It is JUST another (enter the appropriate day of the week)!"

This year however, I think it will be me, tons of ice cream, and my bed.. one spoon only style :)

Oh.. and Cupid??
I'm sure you'll shoot that bow sometime soon, but until then
I'll give tomorrow a miss..

1 comment:

  1. Heeey Tors!! Absolutely fab blog!! Im totally in love with the first image you have at the top- the black and white one with the mega shoes... just wondering whos that buy and is there any more?
    Love Billie xx

    ReplyDelete