Friday 24 June 2011

No Flour. No Sugar. 2 Weeks.

Ok so without wanting to bore you guys with a 'standard' diet blog post - you know, the ones usually consisting of an individuals expression of hatred towards their body through posting their new extreme, and ridiculous diets for the world to see. BUT not to fret, I am certainly not going to do that. Instead I am proposing to you a challenge I am setting myself in order to feel body confident before jetting off to Benicassim festival in less than 16 beautiful days!


I will be following the No Flour, No Sugar Diet - a weight-loss program developed by medical practitioner and health columnist Dr Peter Gott. His best-selling book of the same name shows how to reduce calories in your diet by eliminating flour-based and added-sugar foods.

After thousands of his patients and readers asked him for an easy, effective weight-loss plan, Dr. Gott developed the “no sugar, no flour” concept, and so a book was born.


So again without boring you with the science behind such theory, it is no surprise that by cutting out sugary foods and carbs I will be entering into a more calorie friendly daily intake. I'll be the first to admit I tried it before and a week in was close to killing the man on the train with a packet of Jelly Belly. BUT thats just it, I don't want a jelly belly and therefore I WILL NOT FAIL. 

Instead I have a delightful, varied and exciting meal plan ahead. Let me share it with you!

Breakfast - 30g Rice Crispies and skimmed milk.

Lunch - Chicken/tuna/prawn salad - minus the dressing.

Dinner - Chicken breast/fish with low calorie vegetables such as broccoli and spinach. In other words NO sweetcorn. I can't believe I am actually thinking that three days in I will miss the small yellow beaming veg in the same way as chocolate. 

Drink - water.

So there it is.. I told you it was exciting and varied :)
Lets be honest I'm not going to be eating exactly that for 2 weeks, but choices such as sweetener in my coffee as opposed to full on sugar will need to be made. And as for the no alcohol.. hmmm?? 

This whole idea is questionable and quite frankly a little insane - but if theres even the smallest chance I can loose a few pounds before baring all on that beach, I'm not going to miss it! OH and indulging in cheese and wine an hour ago was one of THE best experiences I have ever had knowing that tomorrow I'd be stupid to even question opening the fridge unless its for my greens.. on a more selfish note I do believe that in me posting this I simply cannot go back on my word, nor cheat, but surely that just counts as added motivation?

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment